Terms and Conditions
- MonStar Awards (“the Awards”) is organised by GoMonsta Asia Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”).
- The Awards starts from 11/08/2020 and the closing date for submission is by 30/09/2020. Entries received after 11:59 pm on 30/09/2020 or are damaged, corrupted, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Awards at any time without any prior notice to any party whatsoever. Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Awards during the extended period (if any) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Awards mechanisms, withdraw or terminate this Awards at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without any prior notice to any person.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any portion of the applications received in promotional campaigns, including those that have not won.
- Organiser may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by organiser.
- The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any loss in connection with the Awards, including, but not limited to the following:
- Any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending the entry as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experience by the participating internet line and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Awards. In the event of such error, interruption and or failure, the Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Eligible Participant to participate in the Awards at any time.
- Any problems, expenses, damages, losses, suits and claims of whatsoever nature against any Eligible Participants that may arise from or in connection with their participation in the Awards and/or display of Eligible Participants’ entries.
- Any error (including error in notification of Awards Winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, internet line failure, theft, destruction of, or unauthorized access to entries, PC hang whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- By entering the Awards, Eligible Participants shall agree to appear in the internet, videos, photographs, write-ups which may be used in advertising (any form of media) or other materials by the Organiser. Eligible Participants shall not be entitled to any payment for such use, or for any re-use; and acknowledge that all copyright, including the right to reproduce likeness or image shall belong to the Organiser absolutely; and to release and discharge the Organiser from any claims in relation to the Organiser’s use of likeness or image.
- The Organiser reserves the absolute right to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Awards and/or to be acting in breach or potential breach of this Awards’ Terms and Conditions.
- By participating in this Awards, all Eligible Participants hereby warrant that all statements personal details given are true, correct, accurate and complete and that they have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions of this Awards and agree to be unconditionally bound by it.
- Organiser is not responsible for the use of any of Participant’s Personal Information including but not limited to cookies which Participants give directly to any third parties while visiting any pages hosted by such third parties.
- All public sessions of the Awards will be open to the public. Any information or data discussed in the public sessions should be considered information that is likely to enter the public domain. Competitors should not assume any right of confidentiality to any information presented or discussed in public sessions. Kindly be aware that members of the media, potential Eligible Participants, and members of the financial community may attend the public sessions.
- By participating in this Awards, all Eligible Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees that may arise from or in connection with the Awards.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and the Eligible Participants will be bound to such changes.
- Any Terms and Conditions applicable to this Awards which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- By providing their personal data, Participants are deemed to have read and understood the Notice under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and Participants also agree and consent that their personal data be used for the purpose as stated in the notice.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
- For further enquiries, please contact the MonStar Awards Team at +6011-6133 1146 or email to [email protected].
- The Awards is open to Malaysian students (enrolled local or abroad) and international students currently studying in Malaysia from age 18 up till 30 years of age (“Eligible Participants”).
- The following group of persons shall NOT BE ELIGIBLE to participate in this Awards:
- Employees of the Organiser [including its affiliated and related companies] and their immediate family members [including siblings and spouses];
- Representatives, employees, servants and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organiser [including its affiliated and related companies], and their immediate family members [children, parents, siblings, including spouses]; and/or
- Past Top 10 Student Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) Winner.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request at any time that any Eligible Participants sign an affidavit that they meet each of the eligibility requirements described in the application form at any point and continuously throughout the applicable period. In addition, any awards are subject to forfeiture and/or repayment if determined that the awardees were not in compliance.
- Participants must have at least TWO (2) active and growing accounts in either of the following social media platforms: Facebook (FB) / Instagram (IG) / LinkedIn / Twitter / YouTube.
- Application fees of RM30 are incurred for participation in this Competition.
VIDEO SUBMISSION CRITERIA
By using the Participant’s creativity, Eligible Participants are required to create a video in relation to the application requirements in which the Awards Video must comply to the following criteria:
- Be original, off-beat and quirky – think outside of the box!
- Duration of the Video should not exceed 1 minute (buffer 15 seconds);
- Video may be in either English OR Bahasa Malaysia;
- Video must be uploaded to the Participants’ respective social media account(s) during the Application Period.
- Video entries must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities.
- Video entries must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
- Videos must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products, related paraphernalia, illegal, prescription or recreational drugs, unsafe supplements as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion, weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Video entries must not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Videos must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content.
- Video entries must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
There are three (3) selection stages to this Awards:
- Top 100 Young Talents will be filtered through public voting (40%) and from the Monsta Core Team (60%)
- Top 50 Young Talents will be selected via public voting (40%) and by Industry Mentors (60%)
- Final Assessment will be conducted by the esteemed MonStar Awards judges to recognise 10 Student Young Talents
- Official Judging Criteria are as follows:
|1. Written Essays (Innovation)||50%|
|2. Video (Inspire)
: Personality: Showcase Initiative & Ownership Values (40%)
: Authenticity: Distinctiveness & Uniqueness Of Your Content And Ideas (30%)
: Virality: Clearly Communicate Content & Relevant To Current Trends (30%)
- Winners will be announced during MonStar Awards Night 2020 happening on 21st November 2020.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any of the prizes with items of equivalent value, at any time without prior notice if the awarded prizes are unavailable for any reason whatsoever. All prizes are given on an "as is" basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other items or voucher, in part or in full.
- All Winners shall abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Organiser for this Awards and the Terms and Conditions attached to the prizes, if any.
- GoMonsta Asia Sdn. Bhd. makes no representation or warranty with respect to quality and/or suitability of the prizes and shall not be responsible to replace any lost, stolen or defective Prizes due to defects in materials or workmanship by the manufacturer under warranty or otherwise.
- The Prizes distribution method will be determined by Monsta Asia at its sole discretion.
- Monsta Asia reserves the rights to select any additional Winners to substitute any Winner who may be ineligible or disqualified for any reason whatsoever throughout the Awards Period.
- The determination of the Winners is final. No correspondence, queries, appeals or protest will be entertained. In addition, Winners of any cash or service award that failed to comply with the requirements set forth above throughout the applicable period will be required to forfeit and/or repay any such award.