Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Monsta?
Monsta ensures your growth to empower you for the real world by providing you 100% Knowledge, Experience & Network. In Monsta, you will have the access to special skill workshops, industry classes, project experiences and more for students’ personal and professional growth.
2. What is MonStar Awards?
“Let your voice be heard and make an impact for the nation”
MonStar Awards is the largest awards that recognises young talents in Malaysia and became the flagship programme of Monsta Asia since Year 2018.
3. What is a Young Talent?
Young Talent is defined an outstanding individual who goes #BeyondOrdinary to create impact in the real world outisde of the classroom/workplace through engagements online and offline.
4. Why should I join MonStar Awards?
You will be recognised as one of the Top Young Talents in Malaysia by a high-profile jury. This is also the chance for you to network and mingle with university partners, industry players and Young Talents across Malaysia and build connections that last.
1. Who is eligible to participate in this Awards?All Malaysian students and international students who study in Malaysian institutions are eligible to apply. Students under the category of 12 months prior commencing college or 12 months post graduation are also eligible to apply.
2. Can I apply for MonStar Awards if I had participated previously?
All past KOLs are welcome to reapply except for previous Top 10 Winners.
1. Is there an application fee?
RM30 will be incurred as application fee.
2. How can I pay the application fee?
You may pay at here.
3. Can I get a refund after I pay the application fee?
No, the application fee is non-refundable.
4. Can I submit more than one application?
Only one application is accepted for each candidate; ensure you put out your best!
5. How do I complete my application?
Refer to our Guidebook to view the step-by-step application process alongside full requirement checklist.
6. Do I need to include accounts of all social media platforms?
Applicants are required to submit at least minimum TWO (2) accounts as social media presence accounts partially for the judging criteria.
7. Who are the referrals I should mention in my application?
Acceptable referrals must be of credible sources example teachers/lecturers, university managements, industry mentors, employers.
Personal contacts (i.e. family members and friends) are NOT qualified.
8. How many words are required for each essay submission?
Each essay submission has a minimum word count of 250 words with no maximum word limit.
9. What can I include under event/initiative links?
Link(s) may comprise of official website and social media pages.
10. What should I include in my video submission?
Your submission should answer the questions and comply the requirements as stated in the checklist; however the direction of the video is up to your own creativity.
11. Will the quality of the video affect my assessment?
Your video may be as simple as a phone recording with minimal editing; at the end of the day it’s the CONTENT that matters and counts!
1. How are Young Talents judged?
Young Talents are measured based on three aspects: Innovation, Inspire and Influence through their experiences in leading/organising events/initiatives in/out campus, the causes they stand for and how are they involved plus their social media presence/content.
Further details on the selection process can be found at here.
2. How will I be notified of my status?
Applicants are notified via the email address provided in their applications as well as social media announcements at @gomonsta and @monstarawards in Facebook and Instagram.
3. How do you pick the judges for the Awards?
MonStar Awards Team are constantly looking for high-profile individuals that have received recognition for their individual/brand effort and created a significant impact.
To ensure credibility, the judging panel will be asked to treat all applications with complete confidentiality. We will also ask a judging panel member to remove him/herself from the evaluation if we believe, in our sole discretion, that he or she has a conflict of interest.
4. Is it possible to receive the judges rating and comments for my application?
Only Top 10 Young Talent Winners will receive feedback for their application.
5. How do you ensure that Public Voting is fair and not fixed?
The Organising Team will be constantly looking and investigating for suspicious activity throughout the Public Voting Stage; including but not limited:
- A large number of votes in a very short period of time
- Spike in numbers of votes with very little site visit time and/or low session time
- Votes from sequential accounts
- Votes from invalid accounts
If we detect suspicious activity we will alert the entrant and remove the votes.
1. How many Winners are there in MonStar Awards?
- 10 X Top Young Talents
- 1 X Company Special Awards from each industry partner
- 4 X MXP Ranger Awards
2. What are the prizes given out in MonStar Awards?
In addition to the list of rewards given for the main event:
Company Special Awards Recipient(s): Trophy, Certificate plus Customised Company Prizes
Ranger Awards Recipients: Trophy & Certificate
3. When are the Winners announced?
Winners will be officially announced during MonStar Awards Night on 21 November 2020.
1. What is Monsta Xperience Pass?
It’s a pass that ensures your personal and professional growth to empower you for the real world by providing you 100% Knowledge, Experience & Network through access to project experiences, learning programmes and exclusive events.
2. How to redeem?
Further instructions and guide will be provided to the Top 50 Young Talents.